forest / trough of bowland meet

Home Forums Messages click here forest / trough of bowland meet

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Elen Rees
    Participant

I was wondering if any one who really wants to go on the Bowland meet would mind me swapping it from 15/17th July to the following weekend 22/24th July? Paul E has kindly agreed to swap his Bamford Edge meet if there are no objections.
    The reason is that the Hathersage Hilly Triathlon is on 17th July. It is a good, local amateur’s triathlon where breast stroke and mountain bikes are not sneered on (too much). Maybe some Castle members might like to enter?

The Forest/Trough of Bowland is a new venue for the Castle, although some cyclists have reported fine cycling and the best scones ever at a cafe in Slaidburn. The area tends to be a bit quieter than the Dales but has stunning scenery from wild moors to quaint villages with perfect country pubs and, of course Pendle Hill. Hopefully it will be quieter than the Dales, the Lakes or the Peak District in mid summer
    The walking is varied from tranquil to gnarly, there is good road and mountain biking (including single track routes through Gisburn Forest and there is wild swimming in the Ribble , the Lune and other rivers. It is also fell runners dream place. For climbing there is a choice of limestone , at Witches Quarry and gritstone at Thorn Crag. Both have a range of grades of climbs with some bouldering at Thorn Crag. At the Bullstones there is fantastic bouldering at all grades and Wolfhole Crag apparently has the furthest 8A from the road !
    I am happy to keep the date as it stands if changing it causes a problem to anyone who wants to go.
    Elen

mary reape
    Keymaster

Change of date is fine by me.
    Mary

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.