First Aid Training Update

Home Forums Messages click here First Aid Training Update

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Alison Milne
    Participant

Hello All
    Following the recent Committee meeting to discuss funding for training , here is the update on the latest situation.
    The Committee felt that it could not fund everybody for training and wants to be as inclusive as possible, so did not want to prioritise numbers. I can still arrange training but you would have to self fund. The course is over 2 days 9-5pm. Full certification lasts 3 years. Bill and Elen have kindly offered their large barn/shed as a venue but note this is near Leek, so this would involve daily travel costs.
    The course would take place inside and costs would depend on numbers attending. The cheapest rate would be around £85 each for the 2 days with about 10 people taking part. Obviously if fewer are in the group the costs increase and could be up to £120 with 4 people. Social distancing would be have to be adhered to and the proposed venue is suitable to do this,
    We also discussed when we could arrange training. We are proposing one group in March and then another in May/June. Obviously this depends on the availability of the trainer (Al) so I cannot give specific dates at present. The March training would still have to be run under Covid restrictions – this means that some of the practical exercises will be excluded for practical and health reasons. You need to be aware of this when making your choice of when you do the course. I cannot say whether Covid restrictions will still be in place for May/June.
    What I need from all of you who signed up is confirmation by email to me that you would be willing to self fund and your preference of when you would like to do the training. If anyone else is interested in training then please let me know as we want to open this up to as many as possible.
    At present the following have expressed an interest: John H, Vanda, Mike, Hazel Fiona, Chris L, Pete, Mary ,Kathy, Dave C, Dave P, Linda M, Ali/Andrew .
    Thanks Ali

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.