Feshie Bridge trip – Friday 27th, Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th March 2020

Home Forums Messages click here Feshie Bridge trip – Friday 27th, Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th March 2020

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Geoff Nichols
    Participant

Hi all,

The Feshie Bridge trip at Mill Cottage 2020 is actually Friday 27th, Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th March, with extra days if people want them.
    I’ve booked in for 27th March – 2nd April.

Sorry about a difference between these dates, and the meets list, and the most recent mesage I sent out!

to book go to: https://www.mountaineering.scot/clubs/huts/national-huts/mill-cottage
    The hut takes bookings a year in advance. YOu need to book yourself if yoiu want to go. Booking individually allows people to book for different lengths.

Geoff

Paul Embley
    Keymaster

Hi All
    I was hoping to attend this meet . I have checked BMC site and could book in with my camper van, but it looks like accommodation inside the hut is booked up. Are many CMC members signed up for it?
    Paul Embley

Kial Wright
    Keymaster

Me and Gemma are booked in, not sure who else is going?

Paul Embley
    Keymaster

I have booked a camping spot for two people for 4 nights from Friday 27th March. It appears that the hut itself is booked up but there are plenty of camping places left (i.e. you camp but use the hut facilities.)

Paul Embley
    Keymaster

I’ve just had this message from the Glen Feshie hut guardian. Disappointing but probably a sensible decision. I’ll probably give Scotland a miss as I need to be around in case of problems with my mum and father-in-law who are in the “vulnerable” category.

Hi Paul

You’ll not be surprised to learn that due to the Coronavirus situation we have decided to close the Cottage for the next few months at least. Once the situation improves you’ll be able to re-book and any payment you’ve made can be transferred to a future booking. If you don’t wish to re-book a refund can be made.

Apologies for this and for the short notice

Regards

Gordon

John Hutch
    Participant

Thanks Paul. I was still planning on going until this morning, when I belatedly learned that we’re all supposed to be restricting travel to essentials.

So apologies to Geoff – I was really looking forward to doing Savage Slit at last! – and anyone who decides to go nonetheless.

Hope we can have another crack at the Highlands when mobility is once again a good idea.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.