Evening Climbing WhatsApp Group

Home Forums Messages click here Evening Climbing WhatsApp Group

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mark Procter
    Participant

At the climbing meeting last night it was agreed that we would set up a WhatsApp group to coordinate evening climbing. Whilst this won’t be used much until the Spring I have set it up now so members have plenty of time to join if they want to. It will be used for changes of climbing venue/day due to weather, letting others knows who is coming out etc. This will replace the current texting system but it does mean you will have to have mobile data switched on when you are not near wi-fi/at the crag. You will still be able to old style text the meet leader but the intention is that WhatsApp will be the primary group coordination.
    If you would like to join the group then you first have to download and install WhatsApp onto your phone from either Play Store (Android) or App Store (Apple) – it is easy, just search for “WhatsApp” and click on it then follow the instructions. Once installed then email me your mobile phone number and I will add you to the group. If you already have WhatsApp installed then just email me you phone number:
    mejprocter@gmail.com
    Please note this group is only for evening climbing so join the group only if you intend to join evening climbing meets next year.
    Thanks,
    Mark

Kial Wright
    Keymaster

Can this group also include the winter Wednesday evening Awesome walls meets?
    It would be really helpful to know if people are turning up. For me its over an hours drive to get to the wall which is a fair amount of driving to find out no one has turned up. Would be great if everyone attending could send a quick whatsapp message saying what time they were going to arrive…

Thanks
    Kial

Mark Procter
    Participant

A number of members have asked me if the new WhatsApp group can also be used for evening meets in winter and, having checked with some of the committee, the answer is “yes, because its likely to be the same people using it”. The aim is NOT to replace the messageboard (where we should continue to post meets info in advance) but to be a more tactical, on the day, tool.
    I hope this clarifies.
    We have 16 members on the group so far. If you want to be added please make sure you have Whatsapp installed on your phone and then email me with your mobile phone number: mejprocter@gmail.com
    Cheers,
    Mark

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi mark can you add me to the watts app group cheers colin brown
    Phone 07850 247 358
    Cheers colin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.