Duddon Valley Camping Meet. June 24th-26th

Home Forums Messages click here Duddon Valley Camping Meet. June 24th-26th

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Sue Miller
    Participant

Thank you to Matt for swopping dates. I hope it has not put anybody out, but the later date seemed to work better for anybosy that I have asked about it so far.

This meet will be at Turner Hall campsite, on a working farm in the Duddon Valley , also known as Dunnerdale and nestled between Eskdale and Coniston, in Cumbria.
    There are lots of options within walking distance of the campsite namely the Fells of Harter fell, Dow Crag , the Old Man of Coniston and Brim Fell and the climbing crags of Wallowbarrow and Dow Crag.
    If you just fancy more of a lazy, hazy Summers day, there is the option of a walk along the river, maybe a wild swim on the way, to the Blacksmiths Arms in Broughton Mills.
    And for cyclists, a strenuos circuit over to Eskdale taking in the stunning Birker Fell and the dramatic and exceedingly steep and windy Hardknotts Pass, with 4 Pubs and 1 cafe on route in which to find refreshment!

Very much in the character of the surrounding landscape, Turner hall campsite is not a flat field, but many undulating areas with rocky knolls, trees, a stream. and the sound of bleating sheep. The wonderful Newfield Inn, just about 10 mins walk downhill through the trees from campsite serves Breakfast baps from 9am, food all day and Local Beers.

There are no electric hook-ups, but there is a freezer for icepacks, so I guess it would be possible to smuggle in those bags of ice cubes, for those with Bars in their tents!

It is not possible to make a group booking., so you will need to book yourselves in as individual units. Only 40 spaces are allocated to prevent overcrowding. I stayed there a few times, when working in Eskdale last summer, and in my experience the weekends were fully booked in advance. Therefore, I would recommend early booking to be sure of getting a space. It is possible to get an 80%refund if you cancel in time. Thursday nights seemed to be quiet last year, so I would expect that if a few of us arrive on the Thursday, we should be able to get a good spot. So be good to get an idea of who is planning to come. See you there. https://turnerhallcampsite.co.uk/

Chris Lunn
    Participant

We’ve book from Thursday till the Sunday Sue arriving Thursday afternoon

See you there
    Chris

Sue Miller
    Participant

Thanks Chris. Great to hear that you can both come and have got ball rolling. I have also just booked Thurs- Sun, but may stay Sunday too

Sue Miller
    Participant

Sorry folks. getting in a muddle with posting!

Julian Brooks
    Participant

I’m planning to come. I’ll book camping tonight.

Elen Rees
    Participant

Hi Sue
    Bill and I have just booked for the weekend arriving Fri night, though Bill may come up before. We may stay monday
    Thanks for this, love the Duddon Valley
    Elen

Paul Embley
    Keymaster

Hi Sue
    I’ve just booked for Friday and Saturday night.
    Paul E

Julian Brooks
    Participant

Hi Sue,
    Booked Friday to Sunday
    Julian

Ken Eastwood
    Keymaster

I have booked too. 24-26 June but may stay longer depending on my work.
    Cheers
    Seyhan

Matthew Biggins
    Participant

Rosie and I have booked Thurs – Sun. Looking forward to it!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.