Derwent Valley Heritage Trail. 56miles. end July

Home Forums Messages click here Derwent Valley Heritage Trail. 56miles. end July

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Linda McLeish
    Participant

David and I are planning to do this local walk in the last week of July, say Tues to Fri, over 4 days. It starts at Ladybower Dam and finishes south of Derby. Not worked out all logistics yet, but likely to do to Rowsley on day one, about 18 miles, then to Belper, 17 miles on day 2. Not too hilly.
    Might camp at Rowsley, and then use a car and public transport to keep campsite as the base for the rest of walk, as no other campsites seem to be on route or hostels, and it would mean not carrying a tent etc ( we would leave the camper van there, and there is the B and B attached to the Claret and Grouse where the camping is. The alternative is to book b and bs at each place.
    You may be interested in joining us for some or part days or all of it. There is a lot of interest down the valley, and if you wanted a part day it could work. Let me know expressions of interest and I can think about it over the lovely winter, and do some planning.
    cheers Linda.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.