Cycling Meet Weds 29th Aug.

Home Forums Messages click here Cycling Meet Weds 29th Aug.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mary reape
    Keymaster

A couple of us are cycling to Lincoln and return from Clumber Park on Weds 29th Aug. It is just under 60 miles. Meet 9.30am Clumber Park at 9.30am. Let me know if you are coming. NT members park free – might be that non members have to pay even if in car with member so we might be able to organise for no fees. All welcome. I want to visit Lincoln Cathedral but I reckon at least a cuppa in Lincoln.
    Mary

Stephen Warwick
    Participant

Some more information about Clumber Park. Anyone who is not a member of the National Trust entering the park by car has to pay (£3.50 I think) even if they are with a member. Anyone who wants to avoid this should enter along the minor road from Carburton, pass through the old gate pillars and just over the bridge to a rough parking area on the right where a side track with a wooden barrier leads off (OS 120, Mansfield and Worksop GR: 615 736). From there cycle past the barrier on tarmac for a few minutes and swing right to the ornamental bridge (which was badly vandalised in March) and meet the other riders there shortly after 9:30am.

A couple of people have said they might join the ride at Tuxford which would make a round trip of roughly 30 miles. We should reach there 10:30-11:00am. I can recommend the Chilli Petals café there which is on the road which goes sharp right off the right-angled bend in the centre of the village. There is street parking on that road.

The route is mostly on tarmac but has a lengthy (10 miles each way) stretch of old railway line.

Whatever your plans, please let Mary know so we know who to expect and where.

Cheers, Steve W

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.