Cycling 8th June 2019

Home Forums Messages click here Cycling 8th June 2019

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    leon dowling
    Participant

Hi All,
    This Saturday I am planning to repeat the Birkby Bradley, Calder valley and Spen valley greenways.
    This starts in Huddersfield and ends at the millennium Square in Bradford. We will return to Huddersfield by the same route. There is an option to take a detour to Dewsbury. It is mainly off road and suitable for all types of bike. I wouldn’t take my road bike on it, but people do. Distance is an easy 36miles minimum with few hills. food is available at Bradford and I do Remember a café somewhere
    . It is a part of Yorkshire we don’t normally visit and although it is not technically challenging there is some great scenery.
    I will be parking and starting outside the Magic Brewery/ Tap on the junction of St Johns Road and Willow Lane Huddersfield HD1 5EB at 11.00 o’clock.
    I will be leaving my house at 10.00am. I have already offered Dawn and Mary a lift.
    I have room for one more bike and 2 passengers.
    You are welcome to meet at mine . You may be able to organise more car sharing.
    Elen tells me Bill is going, not sure if she has told Bill!

Will happen unless the weather is absolutely desperate ,then will cancel Friday Night.
    Let me Know if you are coming or have any other ideas suggestions.
    Leon 07989621984 Work 07740281410

David Crowther
    Keymaster

This is a bit cheeky, but if anyone could offer me a lift back from Huddersfield (with shiny new knee) on Saturday afternoon then I would be most grateful. Daughter Jenny can’t reorganise her shifts because of staff shortages. Don’t know what time they will want me gone, but it should be late afternoon I would think.
    EDIT – now sorted, thanks Bill!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Would love to cycle on Sat with you guys, but I haven’t seen Molly for 3 weeks with two away meets on the trot, so will have a weekend with her. So don’t save my space in your car Leon. (Thats the third offer of a lift share that I’ve not taken advantage of!) Dawn

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.