Crooked Spire Cycle and Tour

Home Forums Messages click here Crooked Spire Cycle and Tour

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Alison Milne
    Participant

A chance to take a closer look and learn more about this iconic piece of history and architecture.
    New date for diaries: Saturday 17 September. Tower tour at 2.30 pm
    Cost £8 per adult. £5 for under 16s. Up to 15 places available, but I have provisionally booked 10.
    Plan will be to arrive by bike and return to cars by bike. Details of route nearer the time.
    I need to know interest in this asap to confirm numbers. So please let me know by the end of this next week if interested.
    If you just want to do the tour that’s fine but still let me know. Email, SMS, WhatsApp etc.
    Ali 07876542053.
    aliwilliams2011@hotmail.co.uk

Alison Milne
    Participant

Hi All
    I will be booking/paying for Spire Cycle and Tour this week Sat 17 Sept, tour at 2.30 pm.
    Anyone else who just wants to do the Spire then just let me know!
    So far I have these names:
    Dick, Lin, Hugh, Chris K? Ali, Andrew, Steve, Marianne, Kathy, Linda, David and Mike.

IF someone has contacted me and shown interest and name not down, then no problem just shout out and I will make some grovelling excuse. Still places but I am being chased for payment.

Instructions for payment will follow.

Ali

Alison Milne
    Participant

Spire Tour 17 September Payment Due

Places booked and please note earlier time of 1pm for the tour.

For the spire tour we have to pay in advance so all those who signed up for it, please pay £8 per person into the Club account asap and reference it Spire Tour so Kathy can track it.

Thanks Ali

Alison Milne
    Participant

These are the names for Spire Tour Sat 17 Sept 1 pm.
    Dick, Lin, Kathy, Hugh, Mike, Ali, Andrew, Linda, David, Steve, Marianne, Marian, Chris K.
    Reminder payment required. £8 per person.
    Pay CMC account ref Spire Tour.

Thanks Ali

Alison Milne
    Participant

People on my list for the tour:
    Dick, Lin, David , Linda, Kathy, Ali, Andrew, Steve, Marianne, Chris K, Marian, High, Alison L
    There are 2 free places so if anyone interested please let me know.
    If you think your name should be on the list and isn’t then please let me know asap.

Meet Rother Valley Country Park, Mansfield Rd, Sheffield S26 5PQ at 0900-9.15 am. Park at water activity centre front. Payment based on plate recognition. Either pay at activity centre or via card on exit. All day approx £6.50.
    Route approx 24 miles, a few inclines but generally flat. Outward journey via TPT and return via Cuckkoo Way and canal path. Bring off road bikes or hybrids as surface not really suitable for slick tyres.
    We will ride in 2 groups, one leaving at 9.15 and the other at least 15 mins later.
    We should arrive at the church with plenty of time for snacks and drinks. Either bring your own or use Greggs and shops nearby. Coffee served at Alberts next to church also. Lock needed for bike – plenty of convenient railings in churchyard.
    Return ride has one cafe called Katy’s by canal where we can stop if needed.
    Ali

Alison Milne
    Participant

Still 1 PLACE AVAILABLE

PLEASE NOTE TOUR STARTS 1pm NOT at 2.30 pm as stated in earlier emails. St Mary’s changed the time.

If cycling, meet RVCP as per previous emails.

If coming just for tour please be at church about 15mins beforehand.

There have been a lot of replacements. If you are stepping in please bring £8 cash on the day.

List at present:
    Cycling and tour – Ali, Andrew, Marian, David, Linda, Andy, Rosy, Christine, Alison L Hugh, (Dick, Lin, Kathy return only)
    Tour only – Lynda

Shout out if I have left any names out or got details wrong here.

Thanks Ali

Alison Milne
    Participant

Final List

Ali, Andrew, Andy, Rosy, Leon, Alison L, Linda, David, Christine, Marian – meeting RVCP water activity car park 0900-0915.
    Dick, Lin, Kathy, Lynda to meet at church
    Tour at 1 pm but please gather from 12.45 ready to go.

If name not on list, please contact me.

See you Saturday, Ali

Alison Milne
    Participant

CANCELLATION SPIRE TOUR

Unfortunately the cycle ride and tour are cancelled.
    St Mary’s have just announced that the Civic Ceremony for the Queen is being held at 2.30pm with the bells sounding from 1 pm. Obviously this clashes with our scheduled tour.
    I may rebook for sometime in the Spring. This will have to be a whole new booking with a new list of people as I doubt all of us will be around to go.
    Have a good weekend anyway.
    Ali

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.