CMC Photo competition 2024

Home Forums Messages click here CMC Photo competition 2024

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    David Crowther
    Keymaster

It’s time for photo competition entries once again!

For new members (or forgetful established ones) this is an annual event where our favourite photos from the last year are judged by an independent established photographer and are shown to all in the clubroom in early April. Our judge this year is Andy Emery, a retired professional and experienced travel photographer – let’s all welcome him and thank him for agreeing to take this on!

As usual we have four categories – Pictorial UK, Pictorial Abroad, Action, and Nature. You can submit up to 3 entries in each category this year, all taken in the last 12 months please.
    Previous winners can be seen in the Gallery > Photo Competition section of the club website.

Please send your best shots to me, Dave Crowther, no later than March 12th 2024. You can send electronically by email attachment or WhatsApp, alternatively (and preferably) on a USB stick, SD card or CD to my home or to Vanda Boyd at the slide show on Thursday March 7th. For those who don’t know me, my contact details are in the address list in the members’ area of the club website – please do not make them public.

I hope to receive entries from new members as well as the old guard – whether taken on a phone, GoPro, digital camera or Box Brownie (OK, you’d need to digitise the latter…).

David Crowther
    Keymaster

Entries are coming in for the competition, thanks to those who have submitted so far.

For those who use their mobile phone for photos the presentation below may be of interest. I use Snapseed (a free programme) for basic manipualtion in phone, and I’ll watch this to see what else I might do with it. Cost is £3.75 for the online talk, and you can watch it for up to 14 days afterwards, more than once if you want. I’ve watched several other talks in this series.
    https://myphotoclub.co.uk/event/jet-lendon-how-to-shoot-and-edit-on-your-phone-like-a-pro/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.