Christmas Walk – 19th December

Home Forums Messages click here Christmas Walk – 19th December

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Peter Hammond
    Participant

Meet at Grindleford station car park GR:- 251788
    Route thus – Padley Gorge, Toad’s Mouth, Hathersage Moor, Mitchell Field, Toothill Farm,
    Little John’s grave (Hathersage Church), Little John Pub – back via the River Derwent and Rough Wood.
    For those just joining us for lunch, we aim to be at the pub between 1-1.30 pm.
    For all attending you will need to let me have your food order by Wednesday 11th Dec. at the latest. Text details
    to 07468 697805. I will post the menu on the message board, for you to choose from, as soon as the pub supplies it.
    I have booked for 25 people but I’m sure the pub will accommodate more. (we had 27 sitting down last year).
    As on recent Christmas walks we will be looking out for the Ginger Frogs on their winter migration.
    I have been advised by a local wildlife expert that there is every chance we may spot them at Hathersage Moor
    Fort which by coincidence is likely to be our coffee break stop.
    Don’t forget to wear your Christmas Hats, sparkly attire, Father Christmas beards etc.!
    Look forward to seeing you all
    Pete

Peter Hammond
    Participant

Message to all members who intend to have lunch at the Little John Hotel in Hathersage.
    If you don’t intend to have a “Christmas” lunch can you please choose from the Little John website menu
    link as follows http://www.littlejohnhotel.co.uk/page/starters-grills-mains-desserts
    The Christmas menu comprises of 2 courses at £16.95, 3 courses at £19.95. According to my visit today you
    can’t have a single course – only 2 or 3.
    The Christmas menu (not noted on their website) is as follows:-
    Starters
    Homemade tomato soup
    Breaded king prawns
    Creamy Stilton mushrooms
    Mains
    Turkey and traditional veg plus Yorkshire pudding
    8oz steak with seasonal veg and chips
    Poached cod with seasonal veg and potatoes
    Desserts
    Christmas pudding
    Sherry trifle
    Chocolate fudge gateaux
    Can you please text/phone your order through to me by Weds 11th Dec on 07468 697805
    Many thanks.
    Pete

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.