Christmas Lunch Walk – 14th December

Home Forums Messages click here Christmas Lunch Walk – 14th December

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Peter Hammond
    Participant

Meet at Curbar Gap car park 11am – GR.262747.
    Our traditional round of Curbar, Froggatt and White edges interspersed with a lunchtime break at
    the Grouse GR258779. For those of you just joining for the lunch/afternoon walk along White Edge
    I suggest you arrive 12.45-1pm.
    We have arranged with the pub to have approx. 20 to 25 seats in the back room but due to it likely
    to be very busy they have asked that we pre-book any food required from their menu which will be
    sent to you shortly. Can you therefore let me have details by close of play on the 13th so I can phone
    them prior to leaving home on the 14th.
    As it is a festive walk, Santa hats plus any twinkly items are obligatory!
    The long range weather forecast is currently cold and dry but who knows we might even get some
    snow plus see that very illusive Ginger Frog and the Red Deer – fingers crossed!
    Don’t forget your food order – text me on 07468 697805.
    Look forward to seeing you all on the day.
    Pete

Andy Smith
    Keymaster

Here is the menu:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Peter Hammond
    Participant

Hi Folks,
    In addition to the menu please note if you require a traditional Turkey Christmas
    lunch, with all the trimmings, it will cost £11.
    Await orders!
    Pete

Peter Hammond
    Participant

Start and Finish point – alteration.
    Having just done a recce of Thursday’s walk I consider it prudent to start the walk
    from the parking at GR 278739. This is because the road up from Curbar and up
    from the A621 are extremely icy. Albeit the weather is due to get a little warmer
    with some rain, snow is again forecast from 6pm Wednesday through the night until 6am
    with the temperature set at freezing.
    However I do intend to assess the road conditions at 8am Thursday morning. If the roads are ok
    I’ll immediately get a message on the message board via Lin Warriss.
    As a “belt and braces” I suggest you phone me on my mobile 07468 697805 before you
    leave home.
    Look forward to seeing you all Thursday.
    Pete

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.