Central Wales Meet – Mayday Bank Holiday Weekend, 3rd to 6th May

Home Forums Messages click here Central Wales Meet – Mayday Bank Holiday Weekend, 3rd to 6th May

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

The plan is to go to the Ceredegion coast, specifically Ynys Lochtyn, which is between New Quay and Aberporth.

Camping at Maes y Morfa, Llangrannog. They have spaces for tents and camper vans.

Climbing is on sea cliffs, all single pitch at amenable grades and pitch lengths up to 30m – see photos for examples.

There is walking on the Ceredegion coast path – 60+ miles long.

Mountain biking in the Preseli Hills about 30 miles away.

Road biking on many miles of minor roads.

Please let me know if you are interested or would definitely like to come – I need to let the campsite know numbers by THURSDAY 18TH APRIL. You can opt in later – subject to available space.

07400 009108
    john.sellars@live.com

Links:
    http://www.maesymorfa.co.uk/
    https://www.ibikeride.com/wales/preseli-hills-mountain-biking
    http://www.ceredigioncoastpath.org.uk/sections.html

Chris Lunn
    Participant

Hi
    Myself and jo would defo go what’s the price on camping looking at getting there Friday leaving Monday

Chris lunn

Anonymous
    Inactive

Campsite is booked. If you are wanting to come and your name is not in the list, below, then please let me know.

Booked for nights of Friday 3rd to Sunday 6th. They know you are arriving on Saturday, Nathan.

No problem to extend either side – no need to book that, but would be good to let them know if you are arriving earlier – phone no. on website. Please mention my name as a reference.

Camping is £7.50 pppn or £20 pn for a family of 4.

Please bring cash for camping. Probably simplest if I collect everyone’s money and pay in one go.

Dogs allowed, but must be on a lead at all times – it’s on a farm.

There should be 3 guidebooks available at the meet. Most of the climbing is more akin to cragging than difficult-to-find multi-pitch routes a long way apart, so we should be okay.

John, Kathy, David, Linda, Bill, Elen, Chris, Jo, Nathan, Lauren and children, Claire.

1 family tent, 3 small tents, 2 camper vans. Campsite is very relaxed about these details, so it’s not a problem if it’s not exactly this combination.

David Crowther
    Keymaster

I’ll go on this one too, John

Hugh Dowling
    Participant

Hi John

Please include me on the list.

Regards

Hugh

Pat & Martin
    Participant

Hi John,
    Pat and I would also like to come on this meet. We will be in our campervan.
    Thanks.
    Martin.

Anonymous
    Inactive

ATTENDEES
    John S, Kathy, David P, Linda, Chris L, Jo, Bill, Elen, Nathan, Lauren and children, Claire D, Dave C, Hugh, Pat, Martin, Marian, Andrew, Ali

CAMPING
    Dogs are allowed; must be tethered or on a lead at all times.
    There may be a fire pit so if anyone has any spare wood and would like to bring it…
    We are all booked in for camping Friday night to Monday morning with the exception of Nathan and family who are booked for Saturday night to Monday morning. It is okay to arrive earlier and leave later – we may do so.
    I think I offered to collect everyone’s cash and pay en masse, but please can everyone pay individually.
    Camp site is run by a man called Pob

GUIDEBOOKS
    The club has bought a copy and there are also going to be three member’s copies – should be enough.

TIDES
    Low tides are (BST):
    Wed 13:27
    Thu 14:03
    Fri 14:36
    Sat 15:09
    Sun 15:43
    Mon 16:17

LINKS
    to campsite www etc. see my first post

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.