Castle 50 Challenges

Home Forums Messages click here Castle 50 Challenges

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Bill boley
    Participant

Less than a month to go until the start of the Castle Challenge weeks.
    There will be several club events over the three weeks but any peak district mileage/ climbing you do individually most definitely counts. If you do any cycling, walking, climbing in the relevant weeks, let Mary know your contributions and it’ll be included.

Also if you are planning to do any walking, cycling or climbing during those weeks, and don’t mind some company – put a message out.

There’s few rules, but mostly it is about getting out into the Peak , being with other club members (some of the time) and enjoying it (most of the time).

It starts on Monday 10th July with the Cycle Challenge – 500 collective miles of Peak District Pedalling. Mary and Marion are putting together a number of club rides including an easy ride on Monday 10th around Fairholmes. Marion will organise a mop up cycle on Saturday 15th if we are short of miles. Look out for messages from them both.

The walk week – 500 Peak District miles – starts on Sunday 16th. There is a climbing meet at Shining Clough,so the walk up there will be included, but if any one would like to lead a walk that day that would be brilliant. Linda is leading at 18 mile walk Peak Boundary walk on Thursday 20th. I am happy to organise a western Peak Boundary walk on Saturday 22nd if there is any interest and maybe a shorter walk at the beginning of the week. More details to follow.

The hardest challenge will be the 500 climbs challenge, starting Sunday 23rd with Bill’s Roaches meet. Luckily though this challenge coincides with Andrew’s personal 60 climbs for 60 years challenge, so he will be out climbing most days. Again, just put out message if you fancy climbing during that week, and let Mary know how many climbs you do. Leading, seconding, thirding all count, as long as it is a recognised climb and it is in the Peak District. Once small rule: a person can only count a climb once , no individual multiple ascents.

At the end there’s a curry – but more about that later..

Marianne is leading the weight loss challenge , but i did wonder whether we could get in 50 cafe stops during the three weeks?

I apologise now for the number of emails I’m going to send out on this topic.

Good Luck

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.