Bookings open for Xmas away meet 1st to 3rd Dec 23

Home Forums Messages click here Bookings open for Xmas away meet 1st to 3rd Dec 23

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Milne
    Keymaster

Dear All
    Bookings are now being taken for this year’s Xmas away meet 1st-3rd December 2023. As previously notified Ali has managed to book the superb Coldwell Activity Centre set in Bronte country to the south of the Trough of Bowland. Details of the centre and all it offers (eg underfloor heating, games room, individual beds to name a few) can be found on the following link:
    http://www.coldwell.org.uk
    Once again we will be self-catering for the big meal on Saturday night. If you can help with cooking either, starters, mains, or puddings (meat, veggie and vegan options for all courses) then please get back to me at ajpmilne@outlook.com or phone, text etc
    We have 34 places and the car park at the centre is large enough for anyone who wishes to sleep in their motor home rather than the centre.
    The cost per person for the two nights is £48 and to ensure you secure your place this can now be paid into the club account (Castle Mountaineering Club Sort Code 09-01-56 Acc No 33659703). Please use the reference ‘Xmas meet’. This payment is non-refundable.
    Money to cover the cost of food will be collected on the meet itself.
    I will send out menu choices and details re getting into the centre etc nearer the time
    Any questions get back to me
    Look forward to seeing you there
    Andrew

Steve Hall
    Participant

Hi,
    Am I ok to come to the Christmas dinner only? I only live about 29mins from the centre and may have some other commitments in the day on that weekend but I’m free to come eat and make merry.
    Cheers
    Steve

Eli Shannon
    Participant

Are there any planned activities during the meet, other than the meal?

Alison Milne
    Participant

Still a few places left for the Christmas weekend for CMC members. Cost £48 pp plus a cash contribution for a 3 course meal on Saturday evening. Contact myself or Andrew if interested but to secure a place we need an online payment up front to the CMC account.

Near the Trough of Bowland, there are MTB and walking routes from the door, numerous quiet lanes for road cyclists and even an esoteric climbing crag nearby (contact Paul Embley for details of the latter).

Coldwell Activity Centre has a lot to offer:
    * small bedrooms with individual beds
    * plenty bathrooms
    * 4G free wifi
    * Games – pool, table football, air hockey table tennis
    * TV
    * underfloor heating in some communal areas
    * large dining area
    * a choice of chill out zones
    * outdoor gym

The CMC chefs have pulled out all the stops to design a comprehensive menu choice, catering for all needs – to be announced soon. So keep an eye out for further posts, if already signed up, to make your choices.

From mid November we will send out a further notice if any places are left and open up to family and friends. These will be allocated on a strict first come and paid up basis. But you will need to check availability with us first.

See you soon.

Ali & Andrew

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.