Black Rocks Climbing 16/10

Home Forums Messages click here Black Rocks Climbing 16/10

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kial Wright
    Keymaster

Black Rocks is a gritstone cliff sitting above Cromford. It has a selection of lower grade climbs and a whole bunch of mid grade routes.
    The rock is very even-textured and smooth resulting in rounded and sloping holds with many flaring breaks, a full set of cams is advisable!
    Much of the cliff faces north and tends to be green after poor weather and is positioned on top of a hill making it exposed to wind.

Approach:
    The crag is 1km south of Matlock. From lights on the A6 turn south into Cromford and follow the B5036 uphill, forking left onto a minor road after 1.3km. Two left turns lead to Black Rocks parking (Pay & Display). Meet here ready for walking in at 10am.

I will assess closer to the time but if weather is or has been poor then I will change venue to Lawrencefield or Millstone with both venues sharing the same surprise view car park.

Any questions give me a call 07917 440918
    Cheers
    Kial

Kial Wright
    Keymaster

The weather looks good for tomorrow but due to a complete lack of response I’m assuming people don’t want to climb at Blackrocks. Therefore I am changing venue to Millstone, I’ll be at surprise view carpark at 9.45am. Let me know if you plan on coming along.

Thanks
    Kial

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.