2.9.23 Bouldering at South Burbage

Home Forums Messages click here 2.9.23 Bouldering at South Burbage

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Richard Pegram
    Participant

Meet 9.30 at the lay-by above the Fox House. Depot if wet. The idea is that this will act as an introduction to bouldering for anyone new to climbing or who generally does trad. Great range of problems from 4a. Improve your footwork, general technique and have a laugh. Bear in mind, over the winter months when the higher crags are cold and wet, the more sheltered boulder fields still ‘go’.

Richard Pegram
    Participant

So that anyone who wants to can take part in the crag clean and go bouldering, I’ll move the bouldering to the afternoon. Phone me on 07956032843 if you need to co-ordinate meeting up, otherwise see Geoff’s clean up meet details.
    For the bouldering I’ll have my mat and guidebook, you just need rock shoes and appropriate clothing. We’ll have a go at a wide range of grades on a variety of boulders. Whatever grade you.normally climb at, or even if you’ve only just started climbing, they’ll be something you can do. Improve your technique, get stronger and have a laugh – I absolutely guarantee that you’ll have a fantastic time

Richard Pegram
    Participant

Intro to bouldering meets report

New members Kim Swallowe and Mark Connah turned up and, at the end of the day, assured me they had had an absolutely fantastic time. A wide selection of problems attempted from 4a to 5b on the Brickette, Brick, Armoured Car and Useful Boulder at Burbage South. Kim and Mark got to practice smear footholds, pinch grips, pockets, layaways, mantel-shelves and rockovers. A great first day on gritstone boulders.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.