14th December Christmas Walk report

Home Forums Messages click here 14th December Christmas Walk report

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Peter Hammond
    Participant

17 plus 1 dog set off, including Rob who had walked back from the Grouse to join us. We had struck lucky as the 3 inches of overnight snow had melted enough to allow all to park at Curbar Gap. Conditions underfoot were not so much mudness as slushness which prevailed for the complete walk. Along Curbar and Froggart edges we were blessed with clearing skies and magical views over a winter wonderland landscape. The eagle eyed amongst us noted a Kestrel buzzing 2 Crows adding to the scenic beauty. Coffee was taken at the big rock just prior to the Froggart/Sheffield road together with shots of Ginger Frog now considered a tradition by the leader.
    At our lunchtime pit stop AKA The Grouse we said goodbye to Rob and were joined by 7 others swelling our number to 23 for the meal.
    Our number swelled to 19 for the return walk back along White Edge where we saw several red deer from the trig point. Some fine sleet was then encountered before returning to the cars.
    Many thanks for turning out in such large numbers for a very festive walk.
    Pete

David Crowther
    Keymaster

Group photo at the trig point.
    Also, I was pleased to be able to hand back the phone I found to its rightful owner. After drying out, it worked and although password protected, a few recent messages popped up – one of them including the name of the owner. An unusual name, so fairly easy to track down and contact was eventually made via Facebook. Nina was delighted to get it back, and I have an extra bottle of red wine for Christmas!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.