August 6, 2022 at 2:42 pm #18661
Glad to announce the return of the CMC Christmas Weekend. Some dates for your diary 2-4 December
Venue – The Kingsway Centre, Middleton in Teasdale
For anyone who has not attended a Christmas weekend away before, we share an outdoor centre with dorm accommodation. In usual CMC style we do “our thing” during the day, then on Saturday evening eat too much with a 3 course self catered meal, make merriment, share banter and possibly pursue other optional indoor entertainment.
The location lends itself to some varied walking/running on the doorstep . Great area also for some quiet lane cycling with plenty of hills to burst your lungs on! If you just need a chill weekend then this is also a great location to do so. Middleton is a pretty, quiet village that has a pub or two that serve food, general store and some arty gift shops as well.
Cost is around £55 per person for the whole weekend (Saturday evening meal included). However further emails will confirm the actual amount. If you intend to stay in a camper van on site then the price is the same. We may also require a deposit for each person.
If you would like to secure a place, please email directly me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please avoid WhatsApp, Messenger etc as too many channels become a nightmare to track.
Thanks AliNovember 22, 2022 at 9:42 am #19290
Hope everyone is looking forward to the weekend.
Please note the following in preparation for M in T.
1. The centre is not open on Friday until late afternoon. We have been requested not to arrive or park before 5.30 pm..
2. The car park is not large. Please keep the number of camper vans to a minimum if possible and park according to signs.
3. All bedding in the centre is provided. You may wish to bring your own pillow and/or slip if that is what gives you zzzzz….
4. Please do a lateral flow test before you arrive and only attend if negative.
5. Payment. Still juggling numbers and costs. Final cost for accommodation to be announced this weekend. Please pay on-line direct to CMC account.
6. Further payment for the meal is to be paid in cash, as this has come out of chefs’ pockets. So bring some change and notes. Plenty of advance notice here!
Murmurings of road bike routes being organised.
Any mountain bikers coming and offering to lead a route?
Walks aplenty in the area.
Any Q’s please contact direct to me please.
Thanks AliNovember 27, 2022 at 7:58 pm #19311
Payments for weekend
Payment for the weekend now due. For anyone staying in the hut or van please pay £48.00 per person into CMC account this week.
There will be a further amount due in cash for your delicious three course meal. The costing has yet to be finalised.
Important points of information:
1 . Do not arrive before 5.30 pm on Friday.
2. Vacate on Sunday before 11 am
3. Pay for your stay online before you arrive.
4. Bedding in centre provided
Now business out of the way.
Extra mince pies, cheese and cracker offerings welcomed.
Expect a little evening entertainment:
Circle dancing led by Vanda
Table tennis competition led by Linda
Maybe some silly games
Speeches from newly elected/ past President??
Look forward to seeing you all there
AliNovember 28, 2022 at 3:07 am #19320
AMENDMENT TO PAYMENT
Sorry folks, I have miscalculated as I forgot to include the deposit in total figure.
Amount due per person is £54.
I’ m hoping that no one has already paid but if you have please make a second payment of £6 per person.
AliDecember 1, 2022 at 4:20 pm #19344
Reminders CMC Christmas Weekend
1. Please make sure payment £54 per person is paid into CMC account before the weekend.
2. Lateral flow test please before you attend. Only come if negative.
3. Centre not open until 5.30 pm. Vacate on Sunday by 11 am.
4. Bring cash (£5s plus £1 or £2 coins) to pay chefs. No large notes please.
5. If you would like to bring extra cheese, crackers, mince pies, grapes etc to share, then I’ m sure they will be gratefully received.
6. The odd cafetiere might prove useful plus coffee .
7. All bedding provided.
8. There are 2 smaller leaders’ rooms – these are already allocated.
See you there
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.