How do I join?
It’s best to first e-mail us for further details of the club and upcoming meets. You’re welcome to come on a couple of meets to see if the club suits you before joining. Membership Application Form.
Benefits of club membership
- You automatically join the British Mountaineering Council and become part of a much wider network of climbers and hill walkers. Additionally you make a contribution to their access, conservation, safety and environmental work
- Through the BMC you get £10m third party liability insurance which protects you if you cause an accident on a club meet or as an individual
- Your BMC membership card gets you up to a 15% discount with 700+ outdoor retailers nationwide
- Joining us gives you the opportunity to find climbing, walking, mountaineering, biking and skiing partners
- You join a bunch of sociable, like-minded people keen and knowledgeable on many aspects of the outdoors
- The club provides organised activities 52 weeks of the year including monthly away meets and weekday evening climbing from April to October. Lift sharing is often available and makes sense to more distant destinations
- You gain access to advice and mentoring from other members
- You can gain skills from informal training sessions. Recent examples have covered navigation, ropework, mountain biking and bike maintenance
- You can access BMC subsidised training courses and other events
- the club takes the risk of booking huts, campsites and other accomodation, sometimes years in advance for popular locations
- You can use the club’s extensive library
- You can use our own indoor climbing wall and join our regular visits to other Sheffield indoor venues
- The club organises regular photo presentations of recents trips undertaken by members together with film nights and other social events