September 15, 2020 at 7:03 pm #15699Geoff NicholsParticipant
Following guidance from the BMC the club is resuming meets. To do this we need more formal procedures to comply with government requirements and B.M.C. guidance.
Walking meets – Thursdays and Sundays
• Meets and meet leaders will be advertised on the club web site.
• We have decided to limit groups to 6 people. The BMC guidance states we could have a group of up to 30 but we have decided it is more responsible to limit groups to 6.
• You must book to attend a meet by contacting the meet leader and have your place confirmed.
• If more than 6 people want to come the meet leader will split walks into two or three sub-groups. It is up to the meet leader how they do this. Sub-groups may start at different times or places.
• Meet leaders will try to take bookings up to 5.0pm on the day before.
• You cannot turn up on the day without booking.
• Minimise transport sharing and observe social distancing.
• Don’t come if you have covid symptoms, any one in your family has, or you are supposed to be self-isolating. In your normal first aid kit you are advised to include a face mask, sanitizer and gloves, to increase protection if you needed to help somebody else.
• Meet leaders will keep a list of who has been on the meet, which they will destroy after 21 days. If you subsequently tested positive you must inform the tracing organisation that you had been on an organised event and provide the contact for the meet leader – the tracing organisation will then get in touch with the meet leader who would share the relevant contact data. The meet leader will not provide the list to anybody else. The tracing system may only ask for the details of members you have had close contact with during the meet i.e. the 6 people in your sub-group.
• It is a condition of booking on a meet that you have read the BMC guidance at https://www.thebmc.co.uk/covid19-restarting-club-meets.
Guidance for meet leaders
• Read the BMC guidance which is at: https://www.thebmc.co.uk/covid19-restarting-club-meets.
• Advertise a walk on the web site.
• On the meet list tell members how you want to be contacted. Members will be able to contact you using the contacts list on the club web site.
• Appoint a deputy leader when planning the walk so as walking groups can be split up.
• Book members into groups of 6, starting at different times or places.
• Turn away people who have not booked.
• Keep a list of attendees for 21 days.
• Before the meet you need to complete a formal risk assessment, using the BMC template. This is on the club web site in ‘word’ format, enabling you to complete an electronic copy, and attached. After the meet please send these to Andy Smith, who will keep them for three years. You only need one risk assessment per walk, to cover all the groups.
Climbing and cycling groups
Continue to meet informally using the whats app groups.
We look forward to meeting again. We will review these guidelines when necessary.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.