Langdale meet November 1st – 3rd update

Home Forums Messages click here Langdale meet November 1st – 3rd update

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Geoff Nichols
    Participant

Langdale meet November 1st – 3rd update

The meet is in the Fell and Rock club’s ‘cottage at Raw Head.

We have extended the booking to cover the nights of Thursday 31st [arrive from 5.0pm] October, Friday 1st November, and Saturday 2nd November. [leave by 5.0pm on the Sunday]

The Cottage can take 16 people.
    Fees are:
    Fell and Rock club members – £9 a night
    Non-members – £18 a night
    Non-members aged under 25 – £10 a night.
    If you’d like to bring an under 18 year old check with me first.
    Dogs are not allowed in the hut.

Please make payment to the Castle bank a/c. Reference your name, and Langdale.
    And let me know you have booked, and how many nights you want to stay. geoffnichols1955@gmail.com

Grid Ref: NY 304067
    Address: Raw Head, Great Langdale, Ambleside, Cumbria, LA22 9JS
    The B5343 runs up Great Langdale from Skelwith Bridge. Follow this to Chapel Stile from where it is just over 3km to Raw Head. As you near the hut look out for a wooden wall above the dry stone wall on your right. Raw Head is the next property on the right immediately opposite the Robertson Lamb hut which belongs to the Wayfarers. There is parking to the front and back of the Barn.

Please car share if possible as car parking space is limited. The Cottage shares parking with the Fell and Rock club ‘barn’, which has a capacity of 33. F&R members may be going to the F&R AGM in Kendal on the Saturday.

The following are provided:
    • Beds with mattresses
    • Blankets & 1 pillow per bed.
    • Fridge, freezer, oven and hob, microwave, toaster, kettle. Cooking facilities are limited so we may want to organise a communal meal on the Saturday.
    • Tea towels, hand towels & pillow cases,
    • Toilet rolls, washing up liquid, hand wash liquid and cleaning products,
    • Fuel & kindling for fire,
    You will need to bring with you:
    • Sleeping bags or sheets,
    • Additional pillows if required,
    • Lidded box to keep your food secure – there may be mice,
    • Firelighters if required to light the fire,
    Please DO NOT bring candles or tea lights – these are prohibited due to fire hazard:

Richard Pegram
    Participant

I spent last weekend cleaning Rawhead Cottage on a FRCC maintenance meet. It’s really nice, and clean. I’d like to go – I’ve paid the fees.

Eli Shannon
    Participant

Nice work Richard. I’d have liked to attend this, however, I’ve booked a 9 night holiday for the dog at the seaside on those dates.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.