Forum Replies Created
8.45. As expected its very wet and forecast to stay the same well into the afternoon, so unfortunately today’s meet is OFF.
If anybody is going indoor climbing perhaps you could post a message. We won’t be doing that.
Weather forecast not too good for tomorrow’s climbing. Please give me a ring after 9am tomorrow if unsure about attending
I’ll also post an update before 9.45 about the viability of the meet taking place.
UPDATE:Having returned to England it seems from tonight’s forecast that climbing at Bamford tomorrow may be possible after all.
In light of this, we’ll post an update by 9am and be at the parking area by 10am if meet takes place.
If weather is unfit I believe there may be members going to Awesome Walls (but not us). It opens at 10.
Feel free to contact us if you want more info.
Paul and Vanda 2665767
Hi Liam. Just turn up at Windgather after 11 and you’ll find us. Parking is under the crag which is quite compact and easy to find people. About 50 mind drive.
Road closure. Been out to Stanage this evening. The bit of road closed is the section alongside Higgar Tor, which has a bulldozer parked there tonight. Stanage from Sheffield and North Lee’s from Hathersage are accessable.
ROAD CLOSURE FROM HATHERSAGE. We drove to Burbage yesterday and there were signs advising no through road to HATHERSAGE. Diversions were in place so some of you may be affected and need extra time to avoid missing the start of this extravaganza!
Unless anybody volunteers by tomorrow I’ll have to publish the meets list without a coordinator for September.
Vanda & Paul please.
You should have come to say hello, we must have been on Birchen’s when you passed, wonder you didn’t hear Vanda whimpering or me cursing!! We did hear the cuckoo, what a lovely day.
Sorry we reneged on plan to walk, too good an opportunity to climb for first time since October! [and isn’t the body feeling it now, 6 routes probably 1 too many}
Paul & Vanda
Sunday 8th is Sheffield Half marathon with associated road closures, mainly Eccleshall Road and Ringinglow Road [see map here https://www.runforall.com/events/half-marathon/sheffield-half-marathon/route/ ] Most road closures start at 8am, although some as early as 4am!
Last year access to the Peak District from our part of Sheffield was much delayed, even Abbeydale Rd was very busy so you may want to choose an alternative way to the Roaches, depending where you’re starting from.
Hope this helps and doesn’t deter anybody
Paul GibsonMarch 18, 2018 at 3:07 pm in reply to: Volunteer wanted for Roaches meet on Sunday 8th April #11645
Thanks very much. I’m in Spain dodging the snow till next week, will give you a ring when back next week. What Vanda didn’t say, she posted the message, was that we hope to be there at some point in the day, but couldn’t make a reasonable start time
Paul.February 26, 2018 at 4:40 pm in reply to: Meet report – Not the Thursday walk 15 Feb ‘18 (Bernia Ridge) #11496
Excellent. Been there. If returning soon prepare for temperature below zero in the daytime, it’s snowing now and the woodburner is going full blast!! Wish we were there, but consolation of Gran Canaria and Spain v soon.
Paul & Vanda
Slide comp 12th April, as per meets list.
Homepage actually appears to have both dates, probably because original date was 5th but changed to 12th to accommodate extended Scottish Easter Meet.
Hope this clarifies matters. Will ask Andy to amend homepage.
EVEN MORE INFO!
have been this morning, sign to car park/Memorial Park is missing, so turn right just past the Navigation Inn by a sign for BYLES, immediately opposite LA DOLCE VITA. Car parking appx £1 for 4/5 hours.
Journey time: it took me 25 minutes FROM CASTLETON via Winnats and New Mills. 45 mins from High Storrs Rd.
I’ve found a lovely extra bit, including a visit to a 16th century chapel, with lots of benches outside for coffee/lunch etc.
Still got space if you want a lift.
Thanks John, will put you down for July as have had another offer for June.
THANKS TO MARK & JOHN,BOTH VACANCIES NOW FILLED.