Yorkshire Dales meet 26th, 27th 28th May.

Home Forums Messages click here Yorkshire Dales meet 26th, 27th 28th May.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Geoff Nichols
    Participant

Yorkshire Dales meet 26th, 27th 28th May.

For: climbing on – Rylstone; Crookrise; Deer Gallows; Eastby, Simons Seat and
    Rolling Gate. Wide range of climbs at all grades. Yorkshire Gritstone Guide.

Rylestone has one of the best S and Hdiff climbs on grit. Rolling gate abounds in diffs and v diffs. Eastby has one of the best v.diffs on grit. Crookrise has plenty of v.diff – Severe.

Walking – site is on the Dales Way, easy distance to Grassington, Wharfedale and Malham. Good local cycling.

Camping at – Howarth Farm Caravan Site, Skyreholme, Appletreewick. BD23 6DE
    01756-720226. GR SE 065,601 http://howarthfarm.co.uk/
    susanltyson@hotmail.co.uk
    You need to phone the farm to book. So that will be nights of 25th ,26th and 27th if you are staying for the three following days. Pay on arrival. Basic site, no caravan hook up, camping £7.50 per person per night. Camper vans £15. Dogs welcome if wormed and inoculated. Working farm – up single track lane. 10 mins walk to 2 pubs.
    The same place as we used in 2015. I’m happy to drive up early on 25th to climb that day.

If you get the BMC annual handbook, there is a great feature on the Castle club. I’ll leave a copy in the clubhouse.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi. As many of you know, I live on the edge of the dales. I’m not going to camp but would like to come up for one of the days. So, two questions.

1. Is anyóne going?! I haven’t seen any messages talking about coming to, just messages from people not going!
    2. What crags are going to be visited? Rylstone and crookrise are the best in that area but others are available, as Geoff said.

Please let me know so I know where to go.

Steve

Dick Murton
    Participant

Hi Steve

Yes there will be a number of us there, climbing and walking / cycling. Personally I have no idea about crags – but I think Geoff has some ideas. Perhaps we could use your local knowledge. See you there sometime. Not sure what mobile reception is like there either.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.