Tour de France cycle meet Sunday 06 June

Home Forums Messages click here Tour de France cycle meet Sunday 06 June

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Milne
    Keymaster

If you are interested in seeing the Tour then why not join me in a shortish cycle next Sunday!

It’s a bit uncertain exactly how close going to be able to get but hope this plan gives us a reasonable chance.

Start in Stannington at 11.00, cycle past Strines pub and on to junction with footpath at Cowell Flat (246946). Arrive at 12.00. Put bikes in field, lock them up, proceed to wall overlooking Penistone Road, get comfortable and wait for the Tour to come through – cycle back.

Bring your own refreshments

This plan may well evolve in next few days. Let me know if you are coming and I will give you precise starting point and time – they may change slightly

Andrew

Anonymous
    Inactive

Andrew

I’m planning to come down to Sheffield on Saturday evening so this works well for me. However, location wise the high bradfield climb or grenoside/oughtibridge would be a more interesting choice. Both are easily rideable to. What do you think?

Steve Leather

Linda McLeish
    Participant

Will be good to see you Steve. We plan to go out, high bradfield sounds good to us. Saw Andrew tonight and David and him are in discussion about the location and how to ride out there. Chip in if you have a good idea. Linda.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The bottom of the high bradfield climb looks good (and v.steep!). It is accessible from loxley road which is only a few miles from Stannington. We might have to get there earlyish to get a good spot.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.