Thursday walk Sep 26th

Home Forums Messages click here Thursday walk Sep 26th

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Lin Warriss
    Participant

Meet at Beeley Top 286681 for a variation on a theme. Probably out towards Robin Hood and back through the Chatsworth estate but I need to explore Stand Wood a little more to avoid breaking rules. More details when we get back from France. Potentially some nasty steps.

Lin Warriss
    Participant

Update – I have now walked my proposed route, as I feared it is more than 8 miles. Depending on diversions to points of interest I reckon about 9 miles with 1000 foot of ascent. There is one notable bog in the middle of an area of narrow path but half of the walking is on tracks. Apologies to those who like a shorter walk. Tea and cakes will be available in Chesterfield to help with recovery.

Lin Warriss
    Participant

Walk report – Ten of us met to set out along the top of Chatsworth in fair weather with good views. The recent rain had left lots of puddles which were enjoyed more by Poppy than the rest of us. A brief stop was made at Hob Hurst’s House. The bog somewhat surprisingly appeared dryer than when I walked it on Saturday, possibly due to some recent excavations. Lunch was supervised by a herd of inquisitive bullocks which crept slowly closer as we sat. The serpentine walk through Stand Wood to the aqueduct was brilliantly navigated by the ever modest Warriss, with not a step wrong, this partially compensated for the failure to locate either the stone circle or the Dobb Edge cup and ring marked stone. We walked back to our starting point along wide trails with only a brief rain shower to mar an excellent walk. 8 miles , smack on. I obviously meandered a bit on the recce.
    Lin.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.