Thursday Christmas Walk 9th December

Home Forums Messages click here Thursday Christmas Walk 9th December

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Peter Hammond
    Participant

The walk will start from the Curbar Gap car park (at present free albeit very busy) at 11am. Further parking down the road towards Froggatt in bays or by the side of the road – GR:-263746. Route – Curbar Edge, south east edge of Froggatt
    Edge, descent to Froggatt Bridge, Derwent Valley Heritage Way to Grindleford Bridge then up through Hay Wood to the Grouse P.H. E.T.A 1pm so those not on the walk, but meeting us, there please note.
    After lunch back along White Edge to Curbar Gap. Distance 7.2 miles – elevation gain 1152FT.
    Folk might like 2 alternatives – Firstly as the ascent from Grindleford bridge is reasonably steep members might like to just continue along Froggatt Edge to get to the Grouse. Secondly the walk can be extended on the return by going via Wellingtons Memorial and Baslow Edge for those who wish to “stretch their legs” after the Christmas Meal. When booking your lunch with me can you advise which route you want to do.
    In regard to your choice of meal can you please view the menu via a link which will follow. In addition to items on the menu there is a Turkey lunch with all the trimmings at £13. The grouse have requested we let them know our choices in good time so can you please text me on 07468 697805 by Saturday evening 4th December.
    As usual Christmas attire is mandatory. I look forward to seeing you all on the day. Pete
    Link for menu:
    https://indd.adobe.com/view/28c2b8d7-0a27-459c-a571-ec770983882b

Peter Hammond
    Participant

For the link to the menu go to the 9th December on the Thursday Walks page.
    Await your choices!
    Pete

Peter Hammond
    Participant

As per WhatsApp message – Charles would like to join us for lunch but as he doesn’t have any transport
    now, he is looking for a lift. If anybody else is just joining us for lunch and can give Charles a lift can you
    please text me on 07468 697805.
    Many thanks.
    Pete

Peter Hammond
    Participant

Just a reminder about ordering your meal for this walk. So far I have 13 members who have ordered lunch.
    As I asked the Grouse to reserve 25 places for us it would be good to know if anybody else is joining us. If not
    I obviously need to let the Grouse know so they can take other bookings. If you do intend to lunch at the Grouse can you let me have your order soonest – text details to me on 07468 697805.
    Thanks. Pete

Peter Hammond
    Participant

Hi All,
    As per the Heath Secretary’s advise for going to parties can I please request those joining us for lunch during this walk
    take a lateral flow test before leaving for the walk. Test kits are available free from a chemist.
    Many thanks in anticipation of your cooperation.
    Pete

Peter Hammond
    Participant

Hi All again,
    There are a number of members doing the walk next Thursday but not lunching in the Grouse. If you would like to join us just for the walk you would be very welcome to do so. Everybody is meeting at 11am at the (currently free) car park at Curbar Gap.
    Look forward to seeing you all in Festive attire!
    Pete

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.