Sunday walk – 7th October.

Home Forums Messages click here Sunday walk – 7th October.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

As previously notified, I am unable to lead this walk, but Fiona has kindly stepped into the breach. She has asked me to post details on her behalf so here they are –
    Meet 10am at the car park near Upper Booth GR107847. Ascend the Chapel Gate track and continue as far as the main road, then take the Pennine Bridleway towards South Head. Follow the path eastwards, and eventually to the top of the Jacob’s Ladder path. At this point there are various options for returning to Upper Booth!

Sean (on behalf of Fiona Johnston).

Christine Kell
    Participant

Hi Fiona

I plan on joining you for the walk on Sunday. Would anyone like to share a lift from Sheffield?

Chris 07879836573

Fiona Johnston
    Participant

Thanks Chris.
    I will be at the car park at 10 as per grid ref provided in the previous message posted by Sean. If you are coming and running late, ring me on 0794 1661306.
    The parking provision does fill up quickly there , so earlier arrival is recommended.
    Thanks Fiona

Fiona Johnston
    Participant

Meet Report

Eight club members, 3 others and 4 dogs met on a cool but sunny sunday morning. We ascended to Rushup Edge via the Chapel Gate track and picked up the penine bridleway to South Head. We met Frank at South Head as he completed the route in reverse, reaching South Head by Jacobs ladder. Couple of stops for coffee and lunch en route and we stopped to admire the great views towards Manchester and Hayfield on such a clear, if windy day, where group photo was taken by Tim ( see attached).
    All agreed to skirt the southern edge of Kinder rather than descend to Upper Booth via Jacobs Ladder . We followed the path to Grindslow Knoll and followed the nice but steep descent back to Upper Booth. Chris noted that we had clocked 12.9 miles.
    Lovely Walk and great company. Thanks to Sean for such a good route.
    Fiona

Andy Smith
    Keymaster

Fiona’s photo:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.