Sunday 26th November Low Bradfield/Dale Dike walk

Home Forums Messages click here Sunday 26th November Low Bradfield/Dale Dike walk

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    mike doyle
    Participant

This walk was scheduled as “Stocksbridge”,but for reasons I won’t go into it has not been possible to put together a sensible walk in that area.The walk will instead be based in the Low Bradfield/Agden& Dale Dike area.
    Meet at the Car Park off Sands Lane by Kirk Bridge, Low Bradfield ( G.R.262918) at 10.30a.m.Locals have assured me the Car Park isn’t too busy on Sundays-but there should be roadside parking by the Bowls/cricket ground in the village centre if the Car Park is found to be full.
    The walk climbs to St Clement’s Church (High Bradfield) and then traverses below Agden Rocher before a descent down Agden Side to the western end of Agden Reservoir.A new footpath leads past Wilkin Hill to Dale Road and the entrance to the Dale Dike circuit.However the walk takes a higher route to Strines Reservoir via Stobbing & Brogging.The return to Low Bradfield follows the south side of Dale Dike and the site of the famous flood-though a higher route avoiding this could be taken if preferred.
    Distance 9.5 to 10 miles.
    N.B.In my current condition I am unable to manage the full walk,but Kath Burgess & John Sellars have kindly agreed to take over the lead at the point where I turn back.
    Mike

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.