Sun 24th Wharnecliffe climb

Home Forums Messages click here Sun 24th Wharnecliffe climb

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    vanda boyd
    Participant

Often an evening meet crag, going for a ‘full mountain day’ Sunday will perhaps give us an opportunity to fully explore this quite extensive crag with routes of all grades, Mod to at least E7, including the classic vintage ”Putrell’s Progress” Sev 4a.
    Guidebook is Peak Gritstone East, parking is on Station Road [SK297977] Stocksbridge, just off the slip road from the A616 Stocksbridge bypass.
    I’ll be at the parking area at 10.15 where it’s easier to meet up as the crag is one of those where its not easy to locate people from above! However, if you arrive late, walk up the obvious track under the railway arches to a pool, turn right and you’ll see a electricity pylon which marks the start of the crag. Walk along the top of the crag, I intend to start at the nearest bit, somewhere between Prow Rock and the Cheese Block .
    Hope you can join me as Paul is away with his pensioner golfing friends [again]. We’re both away now until Thurs 21st, but leave a message if you intend to come or want to share transport.
    Vanda Boyd 2665767

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.