Stanage Plantation. Sunday 15 October 2017

Home Forums Messages click here Stanage Plantation. Sunday 15 October 2017

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    David Pendlebury
    Keymaster

It’s the best single pitch crag in the world…again. This time, Plantation area. Start at Paradise Wall. Local joys include Pegasus Wall, the Billiard Buttress inner expedition, and the Unconquerables. Meet 9.30, Stanage popular end car park to avoid parking fees. Last meet before the clicks change. If it’s wet in the morning I’ll lead a walk of historical bits of Stanage and N Lees.

An appeal – I’m the Sheffield rep. for the Warm Stuff charity, which redistributes unwanted warm clothing from climbers [fleeces, jackets, sleeping bags, rucksacks, etc]. In Sheffield we have collection bins in The Foundry and The Works, and give most of the ‘stuff’ to the Cathedral Archer project; who help homeless people. At the moment the Archer project could especially do with unwanted rucksacks. If you want to donate anything, bring it along, leave it at the Works or Foundry, or you can drop it in the pot outside my house.

Next year’s meets are being planned after the dinner. So get requests in to the Committee.

Geoff Nichols

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.