Skiing/Ski touring – Scotland

Home Forums Messages click here Skiing/Ski touring – Scotland

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Peter Hammond
    Participant

Hi All,
    As there’s loads of snow in Scotland right now and the weather forecast for Friday/Saturday
    looks good is anybody interested in a quick trip up there.
    If so get back to me soonest on 07468 697805.
    Plan to stay somewhere near Aviemore but open to other areas.
    Pete

John Barnard
    Participant

I am in Aviemore (at FRCC hut) at present, where it put down a couple of inches in the village this morning, but it now (1pm) feels quite warm in weak sunshine. There is a lot of wind forecast over the next few days, with some thawing, but severe wind chill on the tops. I am due to go in to an Eagles meet at Corrour (Loch Ossian) tomorrow, though the estate road (from Laggan dam) is currently impassable. My week has been rather frustrating so far, as the good days (which are few and far between) have been needed to get access to/from where we were staying (was in Glen Affric over the weekend) with limited achievements in between. The avalanche danger is also quite high, with a lot of windslab about. You may get some good skiing, but it’ll be a bit hit and miss. Apparently the pistes are very crowded, as it’s half term for some Scottish schools. My plans are slightly uncertain for obvious reasons, but I’ll probably be heading south on Sunday. Good luck if you decide to come. JB

Peter Hammond
    Participant

Hi John,
    Thanks for weather update etc. Hope you make it across to Corrour. Have now arranged to ski
    with friends at Glenshee on Friday plus possibly Saturday as well.
    Look forward to catching up when we’re both back.
    Pete

Anonymous
    Inactive

I will be travelling up tomorrow for some climbing but have not yet decided on destination. Aviemore, Torridon and Ballater are currently in the running but I will be making the decision when I see the new forecast this evening.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.