Seasonal stagger, Sunday Dec 21st

Home Forums Messages click here Seasonal stagger, Sunday Dec 21st

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    David Crowther
    Keymaster

The ever-popular seasonal stagger will start from my house (45 Glebe Road, S10 1FB) at 10.00am on Sunday Dec 21st. The residents’ parking restrictions do not apply at weekends, but please try to park at the top or bottom of Glebe Road, or just downhill on Redcar Road.where there is a long clear section just above the University management building.
    We will head over Crookes and drop steeply down into the Rivelin valley for a nice riverside walk upstream. After the head of the valley path we will go past the Rivelin water treatment plant before turning south for a steep ascent to Lodge Moor, coming out just west of the edge of the housing and the 51 bus terminus. A few minutes along the road west will take us to the Sportsman, where we have a lunch reservation (same pub as last year, serving Timothy Taylors and a variety of food including a carvery).
    Refreshed, we can stagger back along the valley edge path, skirt round under Crookes allotments and cemetery then return to Glebe Road for tea and cakes. The walking should be about 2-2.30 hrs out and 1.30- 2hrs back
    It would be helpful if I could have rough numbers for the pub, so please let me know (2660527, leave a message if I’m not in) if you intend to come.
    Cheers,
    Dave C

Andy Smith
    Keymaster

Dave,
    Rosy and I are planning to be there. Andy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.