Pro/De-moting Munro Tops: a Case of Mistaken Identity

Home Forums Messages click here Pro/De-moting Munro Tops: a Case of Mistaken Identity

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    John Barnard
    Participant

There have been a number of press reports in recent days that somebody masquerading as me has been measuring the heights of some obscure bumps in Scotland, with the result that Mullach Coire nan Cisteachan above Drumochter is now officially a Munro Top, while Creag na Caillich on the Tarmachan Ridge has been demoted from this august status. The full report (incorporating some interminably boring videos) is at http://www.ukhillwalking.com/news/item.php?id=69960

I wish to emphasise that the John Barnard involved in this activity is not me! (I have already received several enquiries on the subject.) As can be seen at the start of the first video (about Creag na Caillich) the imposter has no beard.

However, there is conclusive evidence at 8’39” in the second video (Mullach Coire nan Cisteachan) that a member (indeed, a former Treasurer and subsequently Auditor) of the Castle Club was involved as an accomplice to at least one of these adventures.

JB

Frank Mellor
    Participant

What happened to JR ?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.