New Year’s Eve walk, Bolsterstone

Home Forums Messages click here New Year’s Eve walk, Bolsterstone

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Stephen Warwick
    Participant

This is a repeat of Ali’s New Year’s Eve walk last year. It was the last walk that Sue did with the club, a beautiful sunny day with snow on the ground, and I have happy memories of her on that walk. Afterwards I invite everyone to join me in the appropriately named Castle Inn in the village where a drink of your choice will be provided to raise a glass in her memory.

Meet at 11:00am by the church in the village of Bolsterstone (SK 270967). Parking available by the church or round the left turn just past the pub. The walk is 6.5-7.0 miles.

Cheers
    Steve W

PS I understand some people have had difficulty getting lateral flow test kits from their local chemists. I ordered some online
    at 4:30pm yesterday and they arrived before 3:00pm today. If you have the NHS app (not the Covid one) it’s very easy
    https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests

Stephen Warwick
    Participant

As things stand this walk will still go ahead as arranged. However, the Covid situation is fluid so watch this space. My offer of a drink in the Castle Inn still stands for the moment but I know that some members will be wary of meeting indoors – therefore, in addition, I will be providing tots of ‘whisky mac’ at our lunch stop along the way.
    Take care everyone, stay safe and have a very Happy Christmas
    Steve W

Stephen Warwick
    Participant

I spoke to the landlady of the Castle Inn, Bolsterstone today. She remains happy for us to go in at the end of the walk and is going to reserve a separate area/alcove at one end of the pub for those club members who are comfortable with going inside. This area also has an external door which can be opened for additional ventilation. Hope to see many of you tomorrow, whether or not you are going to the pub afterwards. Happy New Year everyone.
    Steve W

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.