New Meets List Jan-March

Home Forums Messages click here New Meets List Jan-March

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    vanda boyd
    Participant

Volunteers needed to organise meets in January, February and March.
    Next week, Thursday 9th, the committee will be meeting to arrange the new meets list.
    If anybody has any suggestions and, even more importantly, can offer to organise a meet, please contact me ASAP.
    These will be Sunday meets, mainly walks/scrambles but anything considered. X country skiing may be possible if the weather allows.
    Cheers
    Paul Gibson
    07582 623280 or 0114 2665767

gordon riley
    Participant

Hi Vanda

As we discussed on your recent Sunday walk I would be willing to lead another walk based on aircraft crash sites. On the last one a few people hadn’t been up to the B29 crash site on Bleaklow. I d be happy to lead a walk up that way and perhaps take in a couple more sites close to it.

Gordon

Paul Embley
    Keymaster

Hi Vanda
    I had a word with Geoff recently and suggested an outdoor abseiling practice day to consolidate his indoor training which I would be happy to organise. Depending on demand and time it could concentrate just on basic safe practice abseiling on single ropes and double ropes, and perhaps go on to setting up retrievable abseils or abseiling past a knot. I thought the best date would be a Sunday close to the next outdoor climbing season so either March 20th or 27th. Lawrencefield would be an ideal venue. If you think this is a reasonable idea please feel free to put it on the meets programme.
    Paul Embley

vanda boyd
    Participant

There have been a few offers/suggestions for the new Meets List which will be finalised on Thursday at the committee meeting.
    However, we do need more volunteers please.
    If anybody has any more suggestions and, even more importantly, can offer to organise a meet, please contact me ASAP.
    These will be Sunday meets, mainly walks/scrambles but anything considered. X country skiing may be possible if the weather allows.
    Cheers
    Paul Gibson
    07582 623280 or 0114 2665767

Gemma Scougal
    Keymaster

I can be available 6th Feb and/or 6th March to lead a walk.
    Gem

vanda boyd
    Participant

Thanks Gemma, just decide roughly where by Thursday.
    Paul

Alison Milne
    Participant

Hi
    I can offer cycle to/around Chesterfield plus Crooked Spire tour as they are now back on.
    Prefer March or early April when it is a bit warmer.

Also will offer a Sunday walk in March if gaps allow – Edale, Ringing Roger and Hope Cross.

Ali

vanda boyd
    Participant

Thanks Ali, discuss dates on Thursday
    Cheers
    Paul

leon dowling
    Participant

Hi All,
    Could do Wilton Quarry (hoping Santa brings me the new guide).
    Yellowslacks, if its still there !
    Dovestones / Robs rocks or anything in that area.
    we could do Anglesey Rhoscolyn ?
    Leon

Chris Lunn
    Participant

Always a good start to a meet Leon if it’s still there 😂😂😂😂😂😂 farmers not blown it all up yet

Matthew Biggins
    Participant

Hello,

Hopefully not too late! I am happy to organise a Sunday walk or two around North Sheffield area (Wharncliffe and surrounding area and Bradfield area too).

Mid January up to first weekend in Feb would be good for dates (not the 16th Jan as Wales weekend), or any weekend in March.

Thanks,

Matt

vanda boyd
    Participant

Hi Matt
    I haven’t got your email address/phone number.
    Could you send direct to
    paul.vanda@tiscali.co.uk
    and I’ll get in touch directly.

vanda boyd
    Participant

Just a thank you to all the members, new and old, committee and non committee for all the offers to lead meets on the list about to come out. Think its the first time in 30 years I’ve had too many!!
    Cheers
    Paul.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.