Message to meet leaders and WhatsApps admins

Home Forums Messages click here Message to meet leaders and WhatsApps admins

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Gemma Scougal
    Keymaster

Hi all,
    IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

As discussed at the AGM, we’re trialling out a new process for membership. To briefly recap, anyone who wishes to join us for their first meet should (in theory) fill out the new Meet Registration Form. This has details such as name, contact info and emergency contact info AND it covers the indivual for BMC insurance for up to 3 months whilst on Castle meets. We’ll refer to these members as probationary members.

Here is the link to form: https://forms.office.com/r/DG0FXP1QYJ
    I’d prefer the link not to be in a prominant place on the webite – after all, the old membership form is in a area where only members can get to! It will stop spamming and also it ensures a personal touch in that we’ve actually spoken to everyone before they come on a meet.

9 times out of 10, I would personally be contacted by new individuals through social media and the website about joining so when they arrive on your meet, they most likley have already filled out the Meet Registration Form. If they haven’t, you could either
    1) ask them to fill it out using the link on your phone – keep it somewhere easy to get to such as in an email or in a notes section or bookmark.

2) print out the form and ask them to fill in a paper copy. (You can print out the form by clicking the link > going to the 3 dots in the top right > print form). You can then later populate the form yourself with the new information you’ve received and destroy the paper copy. That way, the information gets to the relevant people quickly.

That brings me on to the WhatsApp admins. In the new process, we ask the individual which WhatsApp groups they’d like to be part of: walking, climbing, cycling, swimming. Once I get their details, we can then add them to the WhatsApp groups. To ease email traffic, quicken the process and avoid the situation if an admin is on holidays/not accessing emails etc. can I make a suggestion to add myelf as Membership Sec to these groups? Just think it’s one less thing for you to do ๐Ÿ™‚

Happy to discuss any of the process or if you have any concerns.
    Gemma
    (07900682226)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.