Linear walk challenge Thurs 9th Aug.

Home Forums Messages click here Linear walk challenge Thurs 9th Aug.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Linda McLeish
    Participant

This year’s walk will be 2 sections of the Peak District boundary walk. It takes in familiar areas but have you ever done it all in one go? 20 miles, says the book, but not too hilly. About 2000 feet of ascent. Last year was 19 miles 3000 feet. Plenty of opportunities to meet us part way or do a section etc. There is ancient woodland, moorland trails, gritstone outcrops, great views and a pub at the end.
    Meet at Ringinglow at 8am to take minimum cars to Beeley. From here we head up via Hob Hurst house to the Robin Hood and Birchens. Then on to Shillito wood, round to Millthorpe, before looping back west onto Brown edge, Blackamoor, Houndkirk, and down to the Norfolk Arms.
    Nearer the time I will book tables for a meal at the end, so will need numbers for the meal. Will have to check with pub. About 6pm ish. All welcome whether walking or not
    Last year there was also a Thurs walk. Maybe that could link up with this one. ? Cheers Linda.

Linda McLeish
    Participant

Forecast is looking perfect for this walk, 18 degrees, cloud and sun and a pleasant breeze thankfully.
    We now have 15 for the meal at 7pm and about 10 for the walk. I will bring a menu for those there before 8am to give me their choice of main mea and run in the pub with listl. Frank has offered to drop one car load at Beeley . So those not on the walk or at start, can I have your main menu choice by Wednesday. Norfolk arms has an online menu. From my list that is Paul G, Mike and Gill, Andy and Rosy. I will speak to Charles. Anyone else?? Not too late. cheers Linda

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.