Langdale meet almost full

Home Forums Messages click here Langdale meet almost full

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Bill boley
    Participant

11-13 Langdale meet is almost full. Only two more male places and three female ( although we can book 2 more female places).
    Those going:
    Chris K, Sue W, Ali M
    Chris L, Mike Doyle. Sean, Steve W, John M, D Crowther, Gordon T, Andrew M.

Let me know if any one missed etc. or to book last few places. If we are short of places, Andrew may be able to book independently through the Climbers Club.

Elen

vanda boyd
    Participant

Hello,
    Ignore our phone message on your answerphone, we’d like to go please.
    Paul and Vanda

Bill boley
    Participant

Langdale is officially full but let me know if you want to come an we will see if we can get a couple of extras spaces.

Chris Lunn
    Participant

Hi Elen

Sadly I’ll have to drop out my girl friend has book Whitby for the weekend as it’s my birthday so I’ll have to be a bit diplomatic as I’m away with st Helen mountaineering club a lot st the start of the year as well as with castle to north Wale and isle is skye ☹️

Was looking forward to catching up with everyone as welll

Rgds
    Chris Lunn

Russ Clare
    Participant

Is Chris L’s place available?

Russ

Bill boley
    Participant

Sorry Russ, we have a bit if a waiting list, as Gemma and Kial emailed first. But I’ll see if I can get a couple more spaces. Chris, thanks for letting us know., have a good trip to Whitby.

Bill boley
    Participant

There was a bit of a flurry of bookings on Saturday, so I Just want to confirm who has booked. I have emailed everyone but some emails have bounced back, sorry about this.
    Women
    Chris K, Marian, Sue W, Vanda, Josie, Ali . I have asked the warden for two more places,: Gemma takes first place so if we get these places we have one women’s place available.

Men
    Mike Doyle, Sean, Steve, John M, Paul, Kial, Dave C, Gordon Tyrall, Leon.
    I suggest that Andrew books in as CC member, so Russ can take his place.

Potentially Andrew can book in some guests so if we do not get another female place from the hit warden, Andrew should be able to book Gemma in.

So Dave Benyon, I am sorry there’s so extra spaces unless you are a CC member or liaise with Andrew, but I will let you know if a space comes free. .

Elen Rees
    Participant

latest:
    men: Steve w, Sean, john m, Gordon t, leon, Andrew, Paul, mike d, Russ, kill.

Women: Chris K, Marian, Ali, Josie, Sue W, Vandal , . Gemma

the men’s spaces are full and we have been given two extra women spaces, Gemma has taken one of these and there is one spare.

potentially we can get more if a kindred club member books extra places, but will leave that to a Chris to coordinate. she will let you know all you need to know.

For these who don’t know, men and women dorms are separate in FRCC huts. they are also a very particular club. The place is to kept tidy, no music or radios allowed . Before you go out in the morning all washing up must be done, dried and put away. Not too much noise either..
    Sorry to be so particular but a friend of mine got suspended for a year for taking a noisy/rude group and someone else got similar for not doing their washing up before they left to go climbing.
    I am not too worried as you are a lovely bunch. The best FRCC members can be bribed with whiskey. Enjoy yourselves!

Elen Rees
    Participant

PS Everest whiskey may not work

Christine Kell
    Participant

Happy New Year!
    Latest update on Langdale meet next weekend from me as Elen will be away.
    We have 1 male and 1 female place in the separate dormitories due to a minor injury -let me know ASAP if anyone wants the places.
    I suggest we all bring something towards a curry on Saturday night. If meat eaters would like to bring chicken we can pool resources.
    Weather wise, fortunately the wind is going to drop according to the latest forecasts!
    Raw Head is a very comfortable hut with great kitchen and cozy living area with an open fire – all fuel included in the £12 per night guest fee (please bring cash and I’ll pay by one cheque). GR 304067 and the hut is named on the map. Follow the B5343 from Skelwith Bridge to Chapel Stile. Approx 3km further on look for a wooden wall above a dry stone wall on the right – Raw Head is the next on the right, opposite the Wayfarers Robertson Lamb hut. I’ll be there from 330pm to let you in. Car parking behind and in front of the Barn -the building on the right facing downhill. If you are early there are 5 local pubs -2 in Elterwater then the ODG, New DG and Stickle Barn further along the valley. All do food. See you there!

Christine Kell
    Participant

I’m pleased to say the meet is now full with Cathy and John stepping up.

Christine Kell
    Participant

Further update re food for Saturday night. I think I was rather vague in the previous post. If people would like to bring and share for a communal curry meal on Saturday night then I would suggest each person brings enough vegetables, rice, bread and accompaniments for themselves but we can pool all of this and cook it together. So we can pool any meat I would suggest all carnivores bring chicken breasts which we can cook more quickly cut into strips. We can do a separate dish for vegetarians.

I can bring spices.

Weather forecast looks like feeling cold on the hills with windchill making it feel like -5. It is the Lakes -it might rain!

PS You will need sleeping bags -pillows and blankets are provided

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.