Lakes week-end 23-25th January 2015 -Patterdale

Home Forums Messages click here Lakes week-end 23-25th January 2015 -Patterdale

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mike doyle
    Participant

As previously advised the meet will be in the youth hostel in Patterdale.6 members have definitely confirmed they will be attending and 5 others are “probables”.
    Meantime the beds available are being taken! So I have decided to book what seems like an adequate number whilst they are still available-but the costings and logistics are a bit complicated.
    YHA members pay less than non members and dormitory beds are cheaper than twin or single rooms-but dormitories are single sex only.The “definites” include a couple who have requested a twin room and the “probables” include 2 couples who would doubtless prefer not to be separated.Rather than potentially drive away the couples with a significant impact on the overall numbers attending I have decided to book 6 dormitory beds (male) and 3 twin rooms making 12 places available.
    By pooling our member discounts and adjusting the dormitory rates by £1 the cost is equalised at £16 per person per night regardless of accommodation type.
    At present the 6 definites are myself,John Murton,Steve Leather,Charles and the Smiths.
    So there are 6 places still available 2 in a dormitory (male) and 4 in twin rooms.I suggest that the rooms are reserved for couples and only utilised for singles if insufficient couples apply.
    So to book your place and avoid disappointment let me know ASAP.
    If more than 6 apply I will see if further beds are available-but obviously the earlier I do this the better!Once we get into January with all that white stuff the beds will soon go!
    Mike

John Hutch
    Participant

Hope to get there. Just checked online that YHA don’t take dogs so would be just me. Will confirm asap

Anonymous
    Inactive

Mike,
    Please include me as a definite.
    Thanks,
    Sean.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.