"Just the Ticket" Promotions – save the date (30th June)

Home Forums Messages click here "Just the Ticket" Promotions – save the date (30th June)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Elen Rees
    Participant

Dear All

Enliven your old ticker by taking part in a day of what ever tickles your fancy be it cycling, walking, swimming (maybe). If such antics are not your thing then just come along and shake a breadstick at a club picnic and evening grill (sadly no bbq’s allowed)

The long awaited (and shamefully unheralded) challenge weekend will in fact be a day of fun acticities suitable for whole Castle Family. Forget your washing or your shopping list, come along instead to the Castle’s first ever Tickfest on Saturday 30th June.

There will be prizes for all attendees and an appropriate and politickally correct yet incredibly useful prize for the winning team.

There will be a mapped cycle ride and a walk both with a treasure hunt/ I – spy theme. Ticks will be awarded to those who solve / spy the clues. Other ticks can be gained by climbing certain routes or doing other activities such as swimming or fishing for sticklebacks.

Ticks will also be gained by teams with the oldest or youngest participant and for the person with the brightest walking stick and for eating the stickiest bun.

Be forewarned, this day is more about slapstick than being a stickler for rule sticking. The rules will be complicated and the judges say is final

So in brief the idea is to get ticks by taking part in various activities. People can come for the day or just a few hours. There will be a joint picnic lunch (bring your own) and an early evening get together at North Lees – bring food to share. There will be a short set cycle ride probably in the morning and walk (about 5 miles) in the afternoon. There will be things to spot on the way round each. The idea is that people do the events in small groups.. There will also be a climbing element.

The rules and final details are not quite there yet, so look out for constant updates.

Thank you everyone for being so patient and for those who have reminded me of my duty

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.