Ilkley May 31st Sunday

Home Forums Messages click here Ilkley May 31st Sunday

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have been back and looked at the crag (after a gap of approx. 35+ years) It is mostly just the same apart from a café (fairly expensive!) in the car park and nice stone flag paths to the climbing.
    To find the place go into the middle of Ilkley and follow the Cow and Calf signs.
    Meet in the car park at 10:30 (I will probably be eating a bacon sandwich.) and prepare for the huge 100m walk in (m is metres, not miles) There are many nice routes of all grades in and around the quarry and also some nice E8 for our aspiring hard men If you get tired of the Cow and Calf there is Rocky Valley about 1k away. I will have the old guidebook, which covers all the routes I can get up. The new guide has very few extra routes in the easier grades.
    The long range forecast does not look too promising so I will update the conditions closer to the time. I any case take a windproof as the quarry can be like a wind tunnel in certain wind directions, especially on top of the crag.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have been keeping a watch on the weather for Sunday. It is getting worse with rain forecast until mid afternoon. The crag will not be very much fun in the wet and it is a long drive, so I think the best option is to cancel the climbing meet. It would have been nice to have decent weather, but I do not have Linda’s ability to influence it for the better!
    Sorry.
    I will hope that Wildcat, 14th June will be better.
    See you all soon

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.