Harpur Hill Sunday 21st Sept

Home Forums Messages click here Harpur Hill Sunday 21st Sept

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Gemma Scougal
    Keymaster

Harpur Hill, for those that haven’t been before is limestone sport climbing venue (although there are a few trad climbs spread over the area).
    The majority of routes generally grade from 5a to 6b+ but there’s plenty at either end of the spectrum.

From Harpur Hill (south of Buxton), head west (Grin Low Road), taking the first turning to the left up the hill. Continue until the road levels out in an industrial complex. Park near the old disused railway line on the left. Follow the line forking right to enter wasteland below the quarry. The upper tier is approached from the right.

We’ll be there from 10am.

We’ll start at The Dark Side – Upper TIer and go from there.

See you there!
    Gemma

vanda boyd
    Participant

Hi Gemma,
    Think you mean 21st August, not September!!
    I only checked because it seemed a very early notice.
    Cheers
    Paul.

Gemma Scougal
    Keymaster

Photos in social.
    The morning dew soon disappeared as more climbers joined us in the sunshine for some quarried limestone sport climbing.

It was the first time I’d been to this venue and the first time I’d done any sport since Norway 4(?) years ago! I’m not sure all the trad climbers enjoyed some of the distances between the bolts but there were some very nice routes for those top-roping. Those a little more used to it, showed us how it was done, leaving the better routes for the afternoon.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.