Harborough Rocks Sun 12th

Home Forums Messages click here Harborough Rocks Sun 12th

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi everyone

It`s my meet at Harborough Rocks this coming Sunday 12th April
    For anyone who’s not been before (Gemma and Sam ) it’s a strange little crag and well with a visit. I will also be taking my bouldering mat if anyone wants a play. I will be in the car park at 10:30 and on the crag after that, it’s easy to see from the car. Hopefully the sun will keep on shining all the way to next weekend.

The directions are:
    From Matlock travel south on the A6 to Cromford where you turn right onto the Wirksworth road. Head up the steep hill and at the top turn right to Middleton. At the cross-roads head straight across and then past the turning to Middleton Top. Take the next road on the right, after 1.5km, signposted to Longcliffe. Harborough Rocks are a further 3km along this road, on the right, above a factory. There is parking on the side of the minor road that runs from Brassington to Wirksworth and the track leads past the edge of the works and up and over the High Peak Trail to the left hand end of the cliff.

The crag is definitely in the Peak Limestone (Rockfax) book and I presume in Western Grit (Rockfax) as it`s not in Eastern Grit.
    Ordnance Survey Grid Reference: SK242553
    Sat Nav (as near as I can find): DE4 4HF

Hope to see you there, Helen x

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.