Fundraiser for Nepal

Home Forums Messages click here Fundraiser for Nepal

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    mary reape
    Keymaster

The BBQ at Bill and Elen’s was a great night. Initial discussions suggested it could be a fundraiser for Nepal given Elen and Bill provided all the fish, meat and stunning venue. One option was Doug Scott’s charity (the club and individuals have already supported), however another option is through Oliver Knowles, a friend of Marian’s who I think quite a few club member’s know. He and a couple of friends were in Nepal when the earthquake occurred. They were not injured nor were there any serious injuries in the village. Anyhow – to get to the important bit, the village was opening up a school with the opening ceremony just coming to an end. 10 minutes later the kids would have been inside and the school was flattened in the quake . The villagers were great to Oliver and his friends and they have subsequently said they would like to help raise money for the village to rebuild the school. They have direct contact with the village and Oliver is hoping to go out in Sept and would be able to hand any money over directly. If you would like to contribute then please either bring/send money to long walk on Thursday – tomorrow or transfer to me 11-06-89, 10336866 and I will send off.
    Mary

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.