Easter Isle of Skye 19/04/19 onward

Home Forums Messages click here Easter Isle of Skye 19/04/19 onward

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Alison Milne
    Participant

Hello
    Easter CMC Meet is at Sligachan Campsite on Isle of Skye. Cost is £8 per person per night, £5 extra per night if needing electric hook-up. Reservations cannot be made in advance so just turn up. Pub 2 mins walk that serves meals until 9pm. There is a bunkhouse attached to the pub but this needs to be booked in advance at £18 per night. No food store nearby so come prepared. Nearest town Portree.
    This is a great location for exploring the island and the Cuillins. Plenty of local hill walking/classic climbing/scrambling/birdwatching/otter spotting etc. We are taking touring bikes for some road biking and if interested Andrew will provide a guided ascent of the classic scramble on Pinnacle Ridge (minimal gear harness plus stitch plate, helmet optional). I will take a wetsuit for some possible wild swimming also.
    We are arriving from Good Friday and hope to stay a week if the weather is favourable.
    Any questions please contact me.
    07876542053 or0114 2686605 or aliwilliams2011@hotmail.co.uk
    Use following website address for more info.
    http://www.sligachan.co.uk/camping

Look forward to seeing anyone there.
    Ali

Chris Lunn
    Participant

We’ll be coming to skye probably friday to Monday. I’m very interested in doing pinnacle ridge as I didn’t have favorable weather the last time I was on skye

Chris Lunn

Gemma Scougal
    Keymaster

Sounds great Ali.
    Myself and Kial will be going up on the Thursday. The wild swimming sounds amazing, so I’ll be packing my wetsuit….I’ll also be doing some fell and road runs too.
    I’d considered going on a wildlife safari trip. Do you think it’s worth it? i.e. is there a good chance we’ll see otters and sea eagles on our own? Cheers
    Gemma

Alison Milne
    Participant

Hi
    Looking forward to the Skye Meet. Not sure what the likelihood of seeing otters independently. Good chance of seeing eagles I believe. Does anyone in CMC have more knowledge on this matter than me? Maybe worth booking a wildlife spotting excursion! Been looking ahead to weather – fantastic Friday, very doable Saturday and Sunday. Bit mixed after that. We hope to arrive during Friday. See you soon.
    Ali

Gemma Scougal
    Keymaster

Love the idea of a wildlife excursion, so definitely up for that. I had a quick look the other week and it seemed reasonably priced (£45 I think) for an otter and eagle safari 🙂
    We’ll arrive Thursday evening. Going to make the most of the nice weather for the first few days!
    See everyone Friday!
    Gem

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.