Bike Ride Sat 14th April.

Home Forums Messages click here Bike Ride Sat 14th April.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mary reape
    Keymaster

What better way to spend what is looking like the driest day of the week with the Castle club on a great bike ride – fab scenery, great company ie you, and a cafe highlight. So meeting 10am at Winster car park, the one at east of village 246 606, parking. 44 miles road bike ride as on Goldeneye map. Suggestions for good cafe stop appreciated and all are welcome.
    Mary

David Crowther
    Keymaster

I don’t have that map Mary – what’s the route?

Dick Murton
    Participant

Not sure I am up for 44 miles, but am thinking of a shortened version, cutting off about 800 ft of ascent and 10 miles, starting out the same up to about Grindon, then cutting across via Milldale and Parwich to join up the main route around Longstone

Tea stops possible at Hartington, Hulme End, I think at Waterhouses, several options in Ashbourne, Carsington reservoir centre. I don’t remember any after Carsington (long route) or Hulme End (shorter route).

mary reape
    Keymaster

Bike ride sat. Meeting 10am Winster. I am taking some butties just in case but planning cafe stop – Waterhouses if not had a call for one before.
    Mary

Dick Murton
    Participant

Hmmm. My “shortened” ride turned out top be just over 39 miles, 3700 ft ascent. I await the main groups details with interest. Thanks Mary and everyone else on the ride.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.