2022 Climbing Meets 6th January

Home Forums Messages click here 2022 Climbing Meets 6th January

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Kial Wright
    Keymaster

Evening All,

Your club needs you, or more specifically needs ideas of where you want to climb in the coming 2022 season.
    We are holding a climbers meeting on Thursday 6th January, (time to be confirmed but will be after 6pm) to start the ball rolling and get the calendar filled with exciting places to climb.
    I’m looking for volunteers to lead meets throughout the year and input from as many people as possible on where you’d like to climb.
    I propose to have an in-person meeting, maybe over a beer or two at the pub to discuss ideas and start to bash the calendar into shape. I’ve sent out a couple of enquires to some Sheffield pubs with meeting rooms but if anyone knows of a suitable venue then let me know.
    Failing the pub I’m happy to host at our house.
    If you can’t make the meeting, send your suggestions along with potential dates you can lead the meet via email (kial.wright@googlemail.com).
    I want to try and get the first 3 months worth of meets finalised at this meeting and we will have follow up meetings to decide climbing venues for the remainder of the year.

Cheers
    Kial

Linda McLeish
    Participant

Linda and I would like to be at the climbers meeting, but do not want an indoor setting, so would it be possible to do on zoom or open air? We are off to Spain the week after, and don’t want to be mingling…….

Kial Wright
    Keymaster

Hi Dave,

Yes that’s fine, once I’ve found a suitable venue then I can also host on Zoom too for anyone not able to make it or want to be inside a crowded space.

Kial

Kial Wright
    Keymaster

Hi All,

I’m being optimistic and hoping we aren’t on some kind of lockdown come the 6th Jan and I have booked a room at https://mystagshead.co.uk/ Psalter Lane for holding this meeting. It’s free for us to use provided we buy drinks whilst there.
    Myself and Gemma will be getting there around 6.15 for a bite to eat with meeting commencing 7.15pm. You’re welcome to join us for food or just come along later for the meeting.
    For those that can’t make it in person I’ll also broadcast via Zoom (log on details to follow).

Can you let me know if you plan on attending so I can get back to the pub with an estimate on numbers.

Thanks
    Kial

Dick Murton
    Participant

Zoom meeting details

Topic: 2022 Climbing meets
    Time: Jan 6, 2022 07:00 PM London

Join Zoom Meeting
    https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82264189575?pwd=cHlDYUQ5eHlFN2NraHorcXRucmVJQT09

Meeting ID: 822 6418 9575
    Passcode: To be found on Members page of this website. Please do not pass onto non members

If you need to attend by dialling in, please contact me (Dick Murton) in plenty of time and I will send you dial in numbers and what appears to be a different password.

I will be in another zoom meeting that evening so please do not leave contacting me until that evening, as I will not be able to respond to any queries

Matthew Biggins
    Participant

Rosie and I will be there at the pub, though can’t make it there in time for food I’m afraid.

Cheers, Matt

Kial Wright
    Keymaster

Reminder to all climbers – its the climbers meeting this coming Thursday at The Stags Head or via Zoom (see details in this thread).
    I’d really like as many of you involved as possible, you might not want to lead any meets which is fine but I want to get a feel for what type of meets everyone wants. Is it just climbing Trad on gritstone or do you want to mix it up and add in Limestone? Or a bit further afield and climb granite? Do you want to do some sport climbing or even some bouldering days? You might be more interested in big mountain days and doing some classic multi-pitch routes in the Lakes, Wales and Scotland? Or a trip to the French Alps might be more your thing.
    If the club doesn’t know what type of climbing people want then the calendar will just look pretty much the same as recent years.
    Could you let me know either if you are coming along in person, via Zoom or just email me your ideas – kial.wright@googlemail.com

Cheers, hope to see lots of you there (or virtually)
    Kial

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.